Friday, August 30, 2013

August Wrap-Up

This month was crazy. With a "C."

Summer Bucket List
Out of the remaining 15 things that I didn't finish during June and July, I completed two of them. Because I didn't take a picture, I've already forgotten what the first one was, but the second was spitting watermelon seeds. I didn't get a picture of that either. And now summer is pretty much over, since the college kids have come back from summer break and school has started. That's okay, I didn't expect to be able to complete the whole list. At least it gave me some fun goals for summer. :)

Other Adventures
I cleaned and attempted to sell my wedding dress. I gave my big truck a big name. I went tubing in San Marcos. I went to the movies by myself. I told you about our road trip to ChicagoMilwaukee, Madison and Chicago again, even though the whole road trip happened in June and July.

Also, my parents officially donated poor little Blaine to the Can Academy.


Reading Challenge: Read Through the Bible in a Year
This challenge seems to be going faster now. It's about time. I just finished Esther, which I actually enjoyed a lot, and now I'm on Job. I'm still managing to stay about a week ahead of schedule. I love getting ahead.

I realized this month why I'm not enjoying this challenge as much as I thought I would: for me, reading the Bible has always been about finding what's relevant to my life at any given point in time, or studying specific things in-depth through group studies. I don't think I'm relating as well to just reading quickly through the whole thing, because there's no digging deeper, no context, no takeaway message beyond what you get at face value. I don't think it's the app's fault; it does what it's supposed to do. It's just maybe not what I need. Regardless, I am powering through.

Completed: Day 245 of 362

Food Challenge: Sample Every Flavor of Bluebell Ice Cream
I didn't try any new flavors this month, and for that I blame Matt. And that's because the only flavor HEB had that I hadn't already tried was Mango, and they only had Mango in half-gallon sizes, and Matt didn't want to buy a half gallon of Mango ice cream when pints of better-sounding flavors were available.

Babe, I'm going to have to try it one way or another!

HOWEVER, I did remove one flavor from my list, because I haven't seen it on shelves or at ice cream places since I was in college, or maybe even before then. That flavor is Krazy Kolors. So that's one less I need to try. Unless, of course, any of you know of a place that still serves Krazy Kolors. In which case I will add it back. But I would understand why no one sells it anymore. It was pretty krazy looking, what with the dark blue and red and yellow kolors swirled into it. No idea what flavor it was supposed to be. Also, why the K's? "Crazy Colors" is still alliterative without using K's, and I really hate cutesy alliteration. Maybe I boycott on principle.

Completed: 48 out of 67 flavors

Working Out
I only worked out seven times this month. I am pretty disappointed I didn't do more. But I did practice riding my bike a few times to get used to the feel of it, and then I rode it to tap class one week. We got worked HARD in tap a few times too. One was when there were only two of us that showed up, and we both had been tapping for a while so we could do more difficult moves. I left the studio a sweaty mess. Funny how that feels so good.

What are your goals for fall? Would you try a flavor of ice cream called Krazy Kolors?

7 comments

  1. hahaha "krazy kolors" and other c-words replaced with k's for no discernible reason annoy the crap out of me. Glad I'm not the only one! But now that I think of it, I think my own name may be one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you didn't accomplish specific goals, I think you did a great job and had a pretty full summer. Or maybe, I'm just a boring homebody. It seems like I didn't get much done for my 25 Before 25, but I tried.

    For fall, I'd like to work with what I have in my wardrobe. I'd also like to master traveling alone, since I will be traveling alone for the majority of October. I'd also like to keep working on the 25 Before 25 list, since most of those things are still things I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where will you be traveling to? I've never traveled alone before.

      Delete
  3. The ice cream goal is awesome! Have you been to the factory in Brenham? You guys aren't far, so maybe you could go there and try the flavors. We went to Brenham last winter, but I think our boys are still too little for the factory tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were going to go a couple of years ago (we took a day trip to Shiner), but by the time we got there, they'd booked all their tours for the day. I still want to go, we just need to make an effort to do it!

      Delete
  4. I tried Krazy Kolors once. I was drawn to those krazy kolors like a moth to a flame. But you're not missing much. It was basically sugar kookie dough + vanilla ice kream. Much more bland than advertised. You're better off sticking to chokolate chip kookie dough, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I see whatcha did there. Bummer it was such normal flavors! I would have expected it to be three radically violent flavors in juxtaposition with each other.

      Delete