Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Flashback: The Blue Wall

My senior year of high school, I decided that my bedroom was really boring. It had taupe walls that I didn't really like at the time, and I thought it needed to be way more awesome. So I decided to paint a blue accent wall.

I recruited my best friends and had a painting party, and we sponge-painted that wall to beautiful perfection.


See that really big dark blob at the top of the wall? That was where I messed up. Then, so there wouldn't just be one big obvious screw-up blob, I had to add more blobs in random places.

I loved it so much!

Check out those rockin' tube lights!

The second I moved off to college, my parents painted the wall back to its original color. This room is now my dad's office. The dresser is in my mom's classroom and serves as a bookshelf.

I still love me a good accent wall though. We have two in our current house: a brown wall in the living room and a muted medium green one in the kitchen.

How did you decorate your high school bedroom?

3 comments

  1. I decorated my room with N Sync posters, and collages of pictures with friends. It's so funny that my old room is now my dad's office too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a poster of Titanic and other graphic design posters up. The Nsync ones were in my closet. I have no idea why. And I believe they are still in there, a nice lil surprise for Matt when he opens them, hehe. I had green walls that matched my "country" style bedding. What was I thinking? It was practically a room right out of the "cracker barrel" store.

    ReplyDelete