Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Because Big Trucks Need Big Names

Thanks for all your awesome suggestions for what I should name the truck!


I agreed with Stephanie, in that big trucks need girly names, so I decided to name her Esmeralda. It kind of sounds like the color she is and is also like the gypsy from the Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is my third favorite Disney movie. (In order, my top 5: The Lion KingBeauty and the BeastHunchbackAladdin, Up.)

Then a guy from church told me that Matt had a complex about me having a bigger truck than him, which Matt denies. But because I'm a nice wife, I offered to swap trucks with him anyway. He said no, that he was fine with Edwina. (And he reminded me that I'm not that comfortable driving stick-shift, like Edwina is.)

So her name is Esmeralda. It might have been a little too much name for Matt to handle if he was going to drive her, but he's not, so it's good. :)

What do you think of her name? What are your top 5 favorite Disney movies?

6 comments

  1. I always think it's fun when people name their cars. I don't personally, but I think Esmeralda is a big personality name for a big personality truck!

    Top 5: Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins, Toy Story 3, The Little Mermaid, and Mulan (That was a hard list to create!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Esmeralda! I am really partial to the Tinker Bell movies these days (they are seriously cute!), and my boys love the first Cars movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esmeralda is the perfect name! My top 5 are: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, UP, and Toy Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool name! My fave Disney movies are: The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Up, Cars and Brave.

    ReplyDelete