Friday, May 31, 2013

May Wrap-Up

I'm starting a new feature! An end-of-month wrap up to help keep track of a few of my long-term goals and summarize cool stuff that happened this month. (Also, this will help when we put together our Christmas newsletter and I moan that "we didn't do anything this year!" when that is not, in fact, true.)

Adventures
At the beginning of the month, I went to Rachel's fashion show and had the best time ever. I also got to go up in a giant lift when we were working on our siding. And of course, Matt and I celebrated two years!

I also tried to make Elliott be my cat-beard, but this is as close as I got. She was not amused.


Reading Challenge: Read Through the Bible in a Year
I had a hard time keeping up this month since we were in and out of town and had family in to visit, so I fell behind a few times. I did spend some time catching up though, so I'm still on schedule, but it's hard to get caught up once you've missed a few days! This month I finished Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel and Romans, and continued working through Proverbs, Psalms, and 1 Corinthians. It's good to finally be done with all the chronology and laws in the first few books.

Completed: Day 153 of 362

Food Challenge: Sample Every Flavor of Bluebell Ice Cream
This month I tried Key Lime Pie. I normally love actual key lime pie, but for some reason I didn't particularly like this iteration. It only came in half-gallon size, and after my one bowl, I told Matt he could have the rest. He said he didn't think he could finish it off all by himself. ... And that's when you know it's not great.

I also tried The Great Divide, though I think I might have had it before. It's just plain chocolate and vanilla in a tub together, and I for sure have had both of those.

Completed: 45 out of 66 flavors — but they keep adding more!

Working Out
Since I first posted about how I don't exercise, I've made an effort to get moving a little more often. I put on dance music while I was getting ready a few mornings (though I'm not considering those "workout days"). I played Wii Fit. I did some planks and twistie-plank things that I saw in last month's Glamour that required me to use my weights, and they were hard enough that I had to take breaks in between sets. I did workouts I found on Pinterest and YouTube. And I jumped rope while watching Burn Notice (thank goodness for a big foyer).

All in all, I exercised 9 times since May 13. I have it in my to-do list on my phone to pop-up every other day, and I've been making an effort to actually DO it when it comes up. Exercising isn't as miserable as I thought it would be, though I still find a lot of moves too challenging to sustain for very many reps. Also I feel sore a lot.

What did you accomplish this month?

4 comments

  1. I love your cat beard! hahahah and planks are a great workout move. My Jillian Michaels DVD has 2 minutes of straight planks, alternating 30 seconds of "plank jacks" with "mountain climbers." I definitely have never actually stayed in plank for the full two minutes. weakling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWO MINUTES OF PLANKS? How can anyone do that?!

      Delete
  2. Great accomplishments this month! I just got back into running/working out after about a month hiatus, it's a such a challenge to get up and do it, but it does make me feel good after :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm always happy I did it, it's just getting up the motivation to start!

      Delete