I've decided to add a new goal to my Life List. One year, for my birthday, I would like to do a random act of kindness for every year I've been alive.
I used to be better about doing community service, and I like the idea of bringing joy to other people's days, especially on a day that's traditionally devoted to your own happiness.
Things I think I would like to include:
• Pay for a stranger's lunch at a restaurant or in a drive-thru line.
• Hide dollar bills inside books at a book store.
• Deliver bottled water to outdoor workers.
• Make cookies for our local firemen.
• Deliver treats for the staff of both local libraries.
Obviously that is not nearly enough to meet my quota. :) Luckily I have (at least) a year to come up with more ideas!
What random acts of kindness would you include?