Monday, July 15, 2013

This Is My New Car

Well, I use the term "new" loosely. She's a 2001 Toyota Tundra. So I guess she's only one year newer than Blaine.


And yep! This means I've officially handed my little Honda off to my parents so they can donate him (they can write off the donation since they itemize their taxes and we don't), and picked up the truck that I will likely drive for the next 13 years. (Well, hopefully not that long. She does kind of guzzle gas.)


Obviously she needs a few things. Like a good washing, and a name.


Vital stats:
• I've decided she's a girl. Matt drives a similar truck, a red Tacoma, and once upon a time, I decided his truck was named Edward. But while I was writing this post, he informed me that his truck was a girl too. So I guess it's not named Edward anymore. Edwina?
• She's dark green.
• She's bigger than Edward/Edwina. Like, a lot bigger. It's kind of comical, because I am a tiny girl (I'm five-foot-three!) and I look super awkward climbing into this giant truck.

What do you think I should name her? Aaaand go!

13 comments

  1. Congrats on the new truck! I always feel a little silly when I have Chris' truck and have to climb up in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two and your pair of trucks! I vote for something exceptionally girly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think I have an idea that might be a cross between your idea and Jess's... :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new truck! I had a friend in high school who drove one of those trucks with the giant wheels (I don't know what they are called!), and she literally used a stool to climb inside. And I'm not a Twilight fan at all, but when you said Edward, I thought of Bella. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Totally an unfortunate coincidence, as I can't stand Twilight!

      Delete
  5. I am secretly imagining you hopping up that huge truck! Haha! Anyway, congratulations on your new truck! She looks lovely, by the way. So, do you have a name for her yet? I'm thinking of a boyish-girl name for her since she look real tough standing like that. Hmm... Alex? But I bet she already have one by now, no? I really hope you'd take care of her well.
    Arlyne @ Spartan Toyota Scion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats on your new car, Allie! I see you named her Esmeralda. Fine choice of name you got there. How is she now? Just remember to take good care of both the interior and exterior to preserve its quality and performance. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Mickey Doshi @ Jim And Jacks

    ReplyDelete