Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Weather Hates Me

Our master bathroom clearly does not want to be fixed.

After living with our jankity counter for the last several months, we finally just ripped it out* a couple of weeks ago. Right now, it looks a little something like this.

Except that since this picture was taken, I've also removed the cabinet doors.
*Carefully, that is. I'll post about this later.

Our awesome friend and his awesome father-in-law came and helped me rip it out so as to avoid destroying all the sheetrock on the walls. The sink is now in our master shower.

I got all the stuff I needed to make over the entire bathroom. We were planning to install a new counter, stain the cabinets, frame the mirror, and make it look super nice ... and it has not stopped raining (or forecasting rain) long enough for us to do a single thing. Because of course, the wood stain and contact cement cans say they should not be used when the weather is humid and/or forecasting rain.

And believe me, I have learned my lesson.

So the only part of the job I've been able to complete is sanding everything. Which means our kitchen looks like this.

All sanded up and nowhere to go.

So I swear I do have major projects coming down the pipelines, and I plan to have them completed before it's time for us to move. It's not supposed to rain for the next couple of days, so fingers crossed. I also plan that these will go significantly better than every other home-improvement project I've attempted, because if not I just might cry.

Are you working on any major home-repair projects? How are they going?

4 comments

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the weather clears up! I swear, I only need to spray paint something when it's raining too--it's like the weather gods are doing it on purpose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so frustrating! We hardly ever get rain here, but I'm with you and Morgan--it's ONLY when I need to paint something.I hope round 2 works better for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! We are in a drought all the time until I decide to fix something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hate that! We had the weather start to heat up and were finally going to get our AC fixed for real, and then it dropped to below 70 and they can't fix it until it gets back above 70. Boo!

    ReplyDelete