Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bald Hair Day

I've been watching this season of Project Runway (welcome back, Heidi! I MISSED YOU.) and one of the designers, Buffi, has part of her head shaved and leopard spots colored into her scalp/hair.


Which is fine, you know, everyone's entitled to their own taste and style. I personally wouldn't do it (aaand my husband sighs in relief), but it actually looks kind of funky and cool on Buffi. She's an artist. A fashion designer. Look at what Marc Jacobs goes out in public looking like, and this is infinitely better.

But then I saw this Converse ad the other day:


And now I'm wondering, is this shaved-leopard-head thing now A THING? A Thing that people are going to do? Like, we'll be able to look back in 30 years and go "Oh, 2012, what a crazy year. Remember how we all used to shave half of our heads? What were we thinking?!" No. I can't. I don't understand.

What's the wildest hair trend you've seen lately?

1 comment

  1. Haha, the half-shaved-head thing is one I will never get! Luckily I haven't started seeing it on "normal" people walking around the grocery store or anything, so I think we're safe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete