Thursday, October 8, 2015

It Seems We're All Overwhelmed These Days

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about slowing down, taking more time for the important things, prioritizing and organizing so you can do the things you want to with this short, glorious life.

I've never been good at this. I tend to go go go at breakneck speed, until I hit a wall and either go emotionally catatonic or start breaking down in tears at the drop of a hat.


But over the summer when I unintentionally took a major blogging break, I realized that the reason I had nothing to write about was because I had stopped putting an emphasis on enjoying life's grand adventures, and had started focusing on just getting through each and every day without collapsing into a wreck. Not a great way to live.

I miss seeking out those adventures. And maybe that means I need to slow down, focus on one thing at a time, make better choices so that it's fun (and not overwhelming) to get back out there and seek the adventure again.

What's overwhelming you lately? How do you take care to slow down?

No comments

Post a Comment