Friday, December 5, 2014

Life List: I Get to Be Best Person of Awesomeness!

Matt has been in like, millions of weddings. (Okay, I think it's actually 9 or 10.) Almost every friend of his that has gotten married has invited him to be a groomsman. In fact, one of my best friends even asked him to be an usher at her wedding, and I wasn't even in the bridal party. (No worries though, I will forever be immortalized as The Girl Who Gave The Bride Her Bra.)

I have never been a bridesmaid at anyone's wedding. (I was the ring bearer at my aunt's wedding, but I was six at the time.) I have lots of good friends, but I'm not anyone's BEST friend. I'm okay with that, but it bummed me out that I'm not likely to be anyone's bridesmaid.

But my little sister got engaged in October! To Matteo! And Rachel asked me if I'd be her matron of honor!


And I said, "Matron of honor! Okay! But I hate the word 'matron.' It makes me sound old, and like I should have a bun and a yardstick. I should be the best person of awesomeness!" And she laughed, and  I dropped it, figuring she didn't take me seriously because it was kind of ridiculous.

But then I got the sweetest card in the mail this week.


She told me the Etsy designer she bought it from didn't have "Best Person of Awesomeness" as an option, but wrote on the back that it could be my title anyway. I have the best sister.

Have you been a bridesmaid before? What's the most ridiculous thing you've ever done for a friend?

6 comments

  1. Katie @ A Beautiful Little AdvDecember 5, 2014 at 2:10 PM

    Awe fun! And you and your sister look so much alike! Enjoy the ride with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congratulations to your sister! And to you for being her Best Person of Awesomeness! I have two sisters, and when my middle sister got married, my youngest sister was the Maid of Honor and I was the Matron of Honor, lol. My youngest sister did the Maid of Honor stuff at the wedding, but I helped with a lot of the planning. At the altar, our sister the bride looked like she might faint during a long prayer, so I resolved to catch her if she fell, even though she is taller than me. She never actually fainted, thankfully, and then we all had a wonderful time at the reception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good bridesmaid/sister, catching the bride if she passes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoah, you've never read Catcher in the Rye or and Vonnegut?

    Read Catcher first. It is a bit pointless, but highly entertaining. I liked Slaughterhouse 5, but also enjoyed Breakfast of Champions. Some of his others are hit or miss.

    Do it. Do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah, you've never read Catcher in the Rye or any Vonnegut?

    Read Catcher first. It is a bit pointless, but highly entertaining. I liked Slaughterhouse 5, but also enjoyed Breakfast of Champions. Some of his others are hit or miss.

    Do it. Do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I'm missing out! Breakfast of Champions is also one I'd like to read eventually.

    ReplyDelete