Friday, October 24, 2014

It's Like Nutella, But For Fall

Just for the record? Apple butter is delicious.


Apparently that's a big deal up here. I've seen signs for street markets selling apple butter along the highway, and I commented to Matt as we passed one of the signs that I had never tried apple butter before.

Last weekend, we went to explore a new church, and the pastor talked for quite a while about how the church family had made dozens and dozens of jars of apple butter that weekend. And then after the service they fed us apple cake and sent us home with a pint of apple butter, which we ate slathered on graham crackers.

I've only been in this state a little while, but boy do people know the way to my heart. Bonus points to that church.

Have you tried apple butter? If so, what's your favorite way to eat it? If not, what new food have you tried lately that you've enjoyed?

5 comments

  1. Katie @ A Beautiful Little AdvOctober 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM

    Sounds like you found a nice church. I like to use apple butter in baking, with oatmeal, and as an apple spread. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, oatmeal! I'll have to try that. I normally buy the sugar-y packet oatmeal, but I bought a big jar of oats in an attempt to be healthier, and it is blaaaaand. Hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up eating the kind by Bama, now discontinued, usually spread on toast with butter. My in-laws are from Ohio, and my MIL has always tried to find a good apple butter each year. I guess it is a more northern thing. (I know Virginia is considered part of the south, but that has always kind of blown my Texan mind.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I wouldn't consider it part of the south either! I don't particularly consider the Carolinas southern either, though supposedly they are supposed to be...

    ReplyDelete