Monday, May 21, 2012

How Time Flies!

How on earth have we already been married for an entire year?



It is completely unreal to me that it was a year ago that we stood in front of the church and promised the rest of our lives to each other. It seems like just yesterday I stepped into my wedding dress and danced with my new husband and laughed with everyone we love.


At the same time, it's kind of unreal that it has only been a year, because it's been such a whirlwind of a year. We've been busy with things like grad school, career changes, taking trips when we could and spending time with our families and friends. It's been a fantastic first year!

We're celebrating our anniversary tonight, with paper-themed gifts and a nice dinner and, obviously, CAKE!

If you're not married yet, what are you looking forward to most in your first year of marriage? Or if you are, what do you think is the best part of being married?

9 comments

  1. Happy Anniversary, "Mrs. Hyena"! I joined weddingbee pretty much right when you became a "bee", and followed along with your story the whole time. So sweet! I absolutely love being married to my best friend, and couldn't be happier, either. Enjoy tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first year! Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful wedding photo!

    My FI and I aren't married yet, a little over three months to go - but here's what we're looking forward to for the "first year":

    - Moving into our new/old fixer-upper of a house that we're in the process of moving into
    - Freedom - well from the rest of our family and creating our own little family with our two dogs Bailey and Remy
    - Spending our weekends fixing up our house, laying by the pool, and doing our own thing
    - For me, starting a new career

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations and good luck! It's so strange post-wedding to realize that there are no wedding things to do, and it's a wonderful feeling!

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Wow! Time sure does fly! Yours was once of the first blogs I started following after I got engaged and *just* started blogging. That's crazy!!!! Congrats on one year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your well wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! We're date twins :) We celebrated our first in NYC this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy anniversary to you too! Hope you had fun in NYC! I've always wanted to go but have never had a chance.

      Delete