Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We Are Warriors

Against my better judgment, I've been training to run a 5K, which incidentally is taking place this weekend. I am in no way capable of running three miles, but I can run for eight minutes straight at a time, which is about seven and a half minutes longer than I could run five weeks ago. Training good.

As you could see in that first link (if you were so inclined to click it), I've been using the C25K iPhone app for my training. When I discovered this app, I told my boss about it and she started using it as well. After several weeks of training "together" (separately, but then coming into the office and bragging about how far/fast/long we're running), she found The Warrior Dash. For those of you who, like me, had never heard of the Warrior Dash, you should click the link and watch the video on the main page.

I think this picture says it all.

I never attended a frat party during college, but this is kind of how I picture it, thanks to the movies.

Anyway, she decided we needed to sign up for the Warrior Dash when it comes to Texas, and we'd get all the girls in the office to "run" it together. (I say "run" because it looks like most of the race is spent climbing or crawling in mud or drinking beer.) Crazy fun, huh?

Would you ever do the Warrior Dash?

No comments

Post a Comment